Virtustream recently announced a number of new customers, including CHF International, Veyance Technologies, Tate & Lyle Sugars, NJVC, Open Solutions Inc., Lanx,Marine Resources Group and Diesel Direct. This recent customer momentum underscores the adoption of Virtustream’s xStream software as a comprehensive cloud solution for enterprises that wish to run mission-critical applications in the cloud. These new clients join the ranks of over 200 enterprises using xStream cloud solutions today.
According to Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service” report, “Initially, most businesses choose use cases that are peripheral to their organisation's IT needs, but over time, adopt cloud IaaS for mainstream business applications as well, including mission-critical applications, mirroring the past decade's adoption pattern of virtualisation in the data center. Many businesses, especially in the midmarket, will eventually migrate away from running their own data centers in favor of relying primarily on infrastructure in the cloud.”i
“These customer wins have further expanded our enterprise client base, proving that our enterprise class cloud solution works for a broad set of mission-critical use cases,” said Simon Aspinall, chief vertical markets, strategy and marketing for Virtustream. “This illustrates how enterprises across multiple industries can use xStream to achieve the benefits of cloud – dynamic, scalable and on-demand. From healthcare to financial services, Virtustream’s hybrid cloud solution enables organisations to improve their performance and increase business agility without an expensive price tag. We are excited to have had so much success in recent months, and are confident that this will continue moving forward.”
Virtustream’s recent customer wins include a number of public verticals:
· Manufacturing: Virtustream is managing Veyance Technologies’ complex and global SAP environment in the cloud. Veyance Technologies, the exclusive manufacturer and marketer of Goodyear Engineered Products worldwide, is capitalising on Virtustream’s extensive experience deploying SAP production environments to the cloud.
· Healthcare: Lanx, one of the largest, privately-held, global spinal implant companies in the U.S., marked a significant endeavor into the healthcare sector, as Virtustream and Freeborders teamed up to move Lanx’s SAP environment to the cloud.
· Non-Profit: As an established non-profit that works in developing and conflict-affected countries, CHF International turned to Virtustream’s Professional Services team to optimise its private VMware vSphere cloud.
· IT Solutions: NJVC, an information technology solutions provider, was quick to select Virtustream’s SpotCloud marketplace to power its NJVC Cloudcuity Government Marketplace. The solution enables its customers to shop for on-demand compute services from providers that are attempting to sell unused capacity.
· Food & Beverage: Tate & Lyle Sugars, the leading refined cane sugar producers in the United Kingdom, leveraged Virtustream’s cloud platform to deploy its full application landscape to the cloud after being acquired by Domino Sugar, the world´s largest refined cane sugar producer.
· Maritime: Seeking a cloud service provider with expertise in enterprise applications, Marine Resources Group, one of the largest maritime services companies in the United States, selected Virtustream to provide the cloud managed services required to run their mission-critical enterprise systems.
· Petroleum: Diesel Direct, a national supplier of on‐site diesel mobile refueling, migrated its IT infrastructure to improve its agility and enhance business continuity after experiencing an increase in customer demand.
Tags: Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Security, Service Providers, Software-as-a-Service