In fiscal year 2013, HP will invest approximately $1.5 billion worldwide in channel programs and IT initiatives designed to reward performance, drive demand and simplify partner engagement. HP will continue to improve the HP PartnerOne program and deliver innovations in enterprise technology to partners, including a new cloud test environment.
“Our goal is to deliver a consistent experience that will make it easier for partners to buy, sell and grow profitably with HP,” said Meg Whitman, president and chief executive officer, HP. “HP has built one of the industry’s broadest partner ecosystems and we will continue to make significant investments to deliver the greatest business value for HP and our partners.”
HP simplifies HP PartnerOne program
The HP PartnerOne program offers proven sales and marketing tools to help partners generate new leads, increase demand for products and services, mine existing business and make the sale. HP is delivering simplicity, profitability and consistency by:
· Implementing a simplified, consistent compensation model that removes rebate revenue gates and caps to improve partner revenue predictability. This provides clearer visibility to the amount of rebates so partners start getting rewarded from the first sale, opening the door to virtually unlimited earning potential.
· Increasing rebates for higher specialist designations, delivering more opportunities to increase profitability.
· Extending the amount of time partners have to use their marketing development funds (MDF) from three months to six months, providing more flexibility around both marketing activities and cash flow.
· Rationalizing and simplifying sales and technical certifications in the HP ExpertOne training platform, while maintaining the integrity of individual certifications and making it easier for partners to gain the sales and technical skills to competently service and support HP customers.
In addition, as part of its channel investments in fiscal year 2013, HP is making a significant IT investment to roll out its new Unison platform, a globally consistent IT platform that will enhance the speed, security, targeting and breadth of communications and joint business planning with channel partners.
HP Autonomy and HP Vertica transition into HP PartnerOne
HP has built a comprehensive Information Optimization portfolio to help clients gain a solid return on information by capturing and analyzing 100 percent of their information in real time. To simplify the HP Information Optimization go-to-market strategy within the channel, the company is:
· Launching a comprehensive new HP Autonomy partner program, designed after HP PartnerOne, to make it easier to sell, market and deliver HP Autonomy products and services.
· Making the HP Vertica Analytics Platform available through the HP PartnerOne program, enabling HP partners to capitalize on market opportunities associated with high-performance, real-time Big Data analytics.
The full HP Autonomy partner program will transition to HP PartnerOne, HP’s global partner program, in a phased approach throughout 2013.
HP provides partners opportunities to innovate and expand revenue in the cloud
Cloud computing enables partners to enter new markets, expand their customer base and capitalize on high revenue potential. To help partners expand profitability and deliver Converged Cloud solutions that drive agility and speed innovation, HP is extending partner programs to increase cloud opportunities for resellers, service providers and independent software vendors (ISVs).
The new HP CloudSystem Ready Program lets members of the HP AllianceOne Partner Program rapidly bring applications developed for the client server or internet environment to the cloud. This program enables ISVs to easily test applications using HP CloudSystem, including access to a test and development environment, training, a self-certification process, promotion resources and ongoing HP technical support.
HP Financial Services, the company’s leasing and life cycle asset management services subsidiary, has extended HP CloudSystem financing to channel partners and their customers moving to the cloud. This program allows customers to build and scale cloud environments without large up-front cash outlays typically tied to purchasing the technology.
HP broadens program offerings for Printing and Personal Systems
To increase partner revenue potential within the HP Printing and Personal Systems (PPS) group, HP is announcing a PPS Services Specialization to help partners extend their go-to-market portfolio by offering innovative HP services that span the entire product life cycle. Partners with this specialization will have the tools to excel selling HP services. They also can apply to deliver these services and get even more involved within the customer life cycle. The specialization seamlessly integrates the company’s PC and printer services into the current HP PartnerOne framework.
HP also introduced the HP Verified Online Supplies Reseller Program, a new program that provides authorized HP partners with an online “insignia,” verifying to consumers that they sell original HP supplies. The HP Verified Online Supplies Reseller program provides partners a way to publicize their adherence to HP channel branding and marketing guidelines, and helps give consumers confidence and assurance that they are purchasing Original HP Supplies from a legitimate source.
Tags: Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Security, Service Providers, Software-as-a-Service